Here are top five important highlights from Technofest at Pragati Maidan
The council of Scientific and Industrial Research is currently celebrating its Platinum Jubilee. The technofest has been organized to make the event bigger. Every day, CSIR showcase a new theme in hall no 12 A.
Here are few important highlights from the event
- Ecology and Environment was the theme of seventh day. Many science enthusiasts turned out at the pavilion to witness the latest technology innovations by CSIR
- The activity arena for school students carried science models demonstrations, idea competition for clean air and clean Ganga followed by quiz competitions.
- The theme of the eight day was ‘Societal Interventions’- the theme covered technological interventions that are socially and economically relevant for a large chunk of India’s Population. Farmers, scientists and researchers attended a seminar. The main objective of CSIR is to reach masses through technological interventions
- ‘Treated water’ was the theme of ninth day. Theme-day seminar highlighted important aspects of water conservation and water management system in India. Scientists and researchers from the concerned laboratories of CSIR unfolded the means to generate pure and treated water for a large chunk of India’s population.
- The ‘Water’ theme pavilion showcased advancements in water processing technology. ‘Indigenously developed Membranes’ namely Reverse Osmosis Membranes, Ultra Filtration Membrane and Hollow Fiber Membrane, have revolutionized the efforts targets towards water purification.
The event day embraced several scientific activities for school students,science quiz and public science talk by CSIR-Center for Cellular & Molecular Biology (CCMB), Hyderabad.
The event will continue till November 27th. Last few days are left. So you can also visit Pragati Maidan to witness the presentation by CSIR in hall no 12 A, which is currently taking place at 36th International Trade Fair.