Google CEO Sundar Pichai is expected to announce some key initiatives today, here is all you need to know
Google CEO Sundar Pichai will hold the event for small and medium businesses today. Notably, Mr. Pichai is on the first official tour in India after taking over as the CEO of Google. The meet is expected is to begin at 11 am. According to reports, Sundar Pichai is expected to announce some key initiatives during the meet.
Here are few things you need to know about the special session which he will hold today.
- Mr. Pichai is expected to help the small and medium enterprises in India by explaining them the importance of being digital and how it can help them to grow fast, and will also focus on partnering with small businesses in India
- Notably, Google in its invitation which was sent out for the event mentioned that small and medium businesses are the backbone of the Indian Economy and are powering the next wave of country’s growth
- Google’s focus on India got a boost after the visit of Narendra Modi to Silicon Valley
- On 5th of January, Mr. Pichai will address the students of IIT Kharagpur. The event will be called ‘A journey back to the past to inspire the future’, where he will talk about his journey and about his life experiences
- Google has become very active in India over the last few years. Currently, it is working on Wi- Fi systems, where it will provide free wi – fi to 400 stations, and it has already covered 100 stations
- Notably, he was the student of IIT Kharagpur and he got graduated in the year 1993. Interestingly, before taking over as the CEO of Google, he had visited India few weeks back