8 years of ‘Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi’: Anushka Sharma is a super – star now
Virat Kohli‘s lady love is already on cloud nine after giving several hits to Bollywood. But guys how can we forget ‘Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi’s’ Taani Ji? It was on this day eight years ago that filmmaker Aditya Chopra launched Anushka Sharma in Bollywood with ‘Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi.’ The newcomer shared screen space with none other than superstar Shah Rukh Khan in her very first film.
The romantic comedy was a hit at the box-office and the killer chemistry between SRK and Anushka is still remembered. Both of them looked absolutely cute together. Not only, Anushka even SRK was appreciated for his geeky look.
Sweet thanks giving messages of Anushka and SRK on Twitter
Both the actors SRK and Anushka Sharma took to Twitter and thanked each other. Shah Rukh, took to Twitter and share few stills from the 2008 Aditya Chopra’s directorial, which features him and Anushka. “Memories RNBDJ. Adi @AnushkaSharma @VMVMVMVMVM all the lovely ladies and the crew but the Golgappas I cannot forget,” he wrote.
To which Anushka replied, “Thank you for the memories and being the best co-star.” Apart from her debut film, Anushka has shared the screen with SRK in Jab Tak Hai Jaan as well. And once again audience will see this sizzling chemistry in Imtiaz Ali’s next.
Here, few films that entirely changed the Anushka’s career
Indeed Anushka Sharma is one of the successful actresses in the industry. Here, are some films that gave a kick to her career.
1. Band Baaja Baaraat: Manish Sharma’s film which was released six years back is still amazing. Ranveer Singh and Anushka Sharma’s film was a blockbuster.
2. Jab Tak Hai Jaan: Though the film was about Shah Rukh Khan and Katrina Kaif’s love story, but Anushka’s performance stood out. Her character Akira was commendable.
3. PK: Anushka Sharma played a journalist in the film who with the help of an alien PK(Aamir Khan) exposes the real face of god-men. No doubt this was a perfect film which tries to capture the reality.
4. NH10: Anushka’s debut film as a producer is by her best film as an actress. A corporate high-flying couple accidentally witnesses an honour killing in the middle of Haryana highway and then their life changes.
5. Dil Dhadakne Do: Zoya Akhtar’s film which casted a lot of actors and Anushka Sharma was among them. For the very first time, she came back with her ex Ranveer Singh and shared the screen space.
6. Sultan: Much has been debated about the sexist portrayal of Aarfa, an ambitious, feisty wrestler who gave everything up for domesticated life at the peak of her career and let her husband Sultan hog the limelight. Film proved to superhit.
7. Ae Dil Hai Mushkil: Karan Johar’s take on onesided love, Ae Dil Hai Mushkil had Anushka playing Alizeh, a spirited girl who doesn’t want her friendship with Ayaan to get spoilt because of dating. Film beautifully captures the friendship.