Get a natural Glow Girls: Here is how?
As the name suggests, it is applying ice on the skin, to derive the benefits of the cooling agent on your skin. Experts believe that doing it correctly at regular intervals will optimize the positive effects.
Ideally, take four or five ice cubes from the ice trays and put them in a soft cotton cloth. You can use a soft handkerchief for it. Roll the ends, and use the covered ice cubes to massage your face and body gently. When applying it to your face, move the ice in gentle circular motions for a minute or two. You can use it on your forehead, cheeks, jawline, nose, chin, and around the lips. Do it slowly! Don’t rub it on your face.
2. Soothes Sunburn: If you like to visit the beach often, or even have to be out for long periods of time in the sun, you probably may be subjected to sunburn, which you may realize much after. Sunburns can affect the skin quality, apart from being really painful. The icing is one of the quickest and most effective remedies to heal sunburns. You even no need to apply any type of creams that are made up of chemicals on your affected area. For best results, use cubes made of aloe gel. If you do not have aloe cubes readily available, apply aloe gel on the skin and then start the icing process.
Other Ingredients you can use with ice!
1. Rose water acts as a toner, which soothes and hydrates the skin, apart from controlling oil secretion.
2. Fresh lemon juice will help to combat the appearance of aging skin, freckles and dark spots.
3. Cucumber puree is fresh and has a cooling effect on the skin.
4. Blueberry puree enables natural exfoliation of the dead skin.
5. Coffee has constricting powers which uplift the tiredness in the skin.
6. Using a freshly brewed tea like chamomile or green tea will reduce inflammation and will have anti-aging benefits.
7. To improve the glow on your skin, you can freeze cubes of rice water and use them directly after a shower.
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at