Self-Introspection will give you a happier life, here is why it is important to introspect yourself
Throughout our daily lives we keep on analyzing and observing things around us. Whether it’s an important office document or a confusing text from opposite sex, we have trained our brain to observe things carefully and get the deeper meaning of everything. Critical thinking has become an important trait of our nature, but the irony is we often forget to apply this concept to ourselves. Yes, I am talking about Self-Introspection.
What is Self-Introspection?
It is an examination of our actions and inner thoughts. Introspection means – “To look Inside”. When you examine your own thoughts and think how it affects your life and others. But why it is important to introspect yourself on a regular basis? Here are the reasons.
- It helps you to make decision based on your conscience: Self – introspection helps you to trust your guts. And helps you to make better decisions
- It helps you to stay focused on the bigger picture: When we don’t have overall goal in the mind. Daily routine work becomes meaningless. And a regular introspection can help you stay focused on the bigger picture. To make it more easy you can pen down your goals and aims on a paper
- You can easily work on your shortcomings : A regular introspection can help you to work on your shortcomings because self- introspection can help you to easily figure them out
- Introspection allows you to admit your fear: Let’s admit it that we all are afraid of something. Whether its failure, rejection or anything, we all have fears. Introspection allows you to face that fear, and eventually we learn the best way to handle it
- It helps you to define your own happiness: It can actually help you to define your own happiness, which means more positivity in your attitude. Introspection can help you get rid of toxic people who hold you back