Here are few things need to know about the celebrations of Republic Day 2017
India is celebrating its 68th Republic Day this year. 26th January is not just a public holiday, but it is a reminder of the century- long struggle. On this day, the world’s largest democracy gave itself a constitution. The Republic Day 2017 preparations are at its peak, and the country is all geared up for the gala time. Here are few things about Republic Day 2017 that you must know.
Related : Celebrating The Indian Republic Day
- This year a total of 23 Tableaux would be on display at the ceremonial parade. Notably, Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao will be among the themes for Republic Day.
- According to reports, tableaux of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship will be based on the theme of transforming India through Skill Development.
- Delhi Tableaux will be the part of the parade after three years. It has been set up as a model school to portray the transformation in state- run school and all the recent initiatives taken by the government in education school.
- Haryana Tableaux will showcase Beti Bachao Beti Padhao to create the awareness about girl child education
Related : Glass Roof For Republic Day!
What all is special this year?
- The crown prince of Abu Dhabi will be the chief guest on 26th of January at Rajpath, New Delhi
- All the decorations of Rajpath will be done by Date Palm. Notably, UAE is one of the top cultivators of date
- palm all over the world and dates are its national fruit.
- The parade will also witness the debut of an NSG vehicle (Sherpa – a bullet proof armoured anti –hijacking vehicle.)
Why do we celebrate Republic Day and how it is celebrated?
Independence Day is celebrated to enjoy the freedom of India from the British Rule. On the other hand, Republic Day is celebrated to commemorate the coming of its own constitution into force. Every year a lot of events are organised to celebrate the importance of the day. A huge military parade takes place at Rajpath, New Delhi.
Bravery Awards are also distributed on this day.
Celebrations are always incomplete without food
Food is an integral part of our celebrations. And in India, all the celebrations are incomplete without delicious cuisines. So, if you are planning a get together with family and friends this Republic Day, here is an amazing patriotic dish.
Trianga Peda (Sweet Dish)
Ghee: 250 – 300 gms
Almonds: 150 gms
Sugar: 750 gms
Milk: 1 cup
Green cardamom: 1- , powdered
Cashewnuts: 250 gms
Saffron Powder: ¼ tsp
Green colour: ¼ tsp
Orange or Red colour: ¼ tsp
Soak Almonds and cashewnuts in separate vessels for 30 minutes
- Then peel the skin from the almonds. Grind cashewnuts and almonds smoothly, and prepare a paste
Add sugar and milk to the paste and grind it thickly. Keep equal portions in three bowls
- Mix the orange food colour to one portion. Add 1/3 rd of the ghee and green cardamom powder.
- Keep the mixture on stove and stir it well till the mixture leaves the sides of the pan
- Pour that mixture on a ghee coated and spread evenly without adding any color powder
- Pour this over orange color burfi and spread it evenly
- Add green color, remaining ghee and green cardamom powder to the third bowl
- Prepare this green colour Burfi and pour it on top the white Burfi. Spread it evenly. Once cooled, cut into square and serve
Serve it to your guests and get ready to share the recipe.