Enjoy this tasty and instant recipe at your home
Bread halwa is a simple recipe and all you need is few ingredients. This halwa is one thing which I never tasted before, but I am sure it will taste good and similar to wheat halwa.
Since Navratra (Durga Puja) is coming, so we decided to share this tasty recipe with you all. Here is the recipe of Bread Halwa that will instantly beat your hunger.
- Preparation Time: 5 mins
- Cooking Time: 30 mins
- Serves: 4
- Bread – 6 slices (either white or brown)
- Sugar – 1/2 cup or to taste
- Milk – 2 cups
- Ghee – 1/2 cup + 3 tspn
- Cashews a handful
- Kishmish a handful
- Cardamom Powder – 1/4 tspn
- Trim the sides of 6 slices of bread and chop it into pieces.
- Take a pan or a kadahi and heat ghee and add in cashews and fry till golden. Add in kishmish and fry. Now just keep them aside after roasting.
- Now add in chopped bread pieces in the ghee and roast it till golden brown and gets crispy.
- After it, add 1 cup of milk and mix well till soak all the pieces of bread in it.
- Boil it for 2minutes and let the bread turns soft.
- After it mash the pieces of bread while stirring continuously.
- Finally, add a tspn of ghee and mix well. Add in nuts and cardamom powder and mix well.
- Now add sugar and mix it well. Keep cooking till it starts to leave the sides.
Now, your bread halwa is ready! Serve it hot
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org