Cook Delicious Sushi at home like a Pro and treat everyone!
Sushi is a Japanese cuisine which is savored around the world. These small bites of heaven are readily available in few restaurants but when we think of making a sushi at home, most of us take a step back as it looks pretty difficult for a non chef to cook it and pull it off in style.
This article will help you make delicious sushi at home in restaurant style. Whether you have planned a special dinner at home for your family or you are planning to throw a get together of friends at home, this recipe is a must-have for sushi lovers.PREP TIME: 15mins | COOK TIME: 30mins | TOTAL: 45mins
- A towel
- 1 cup sticky sushi rice
- 2 cups of water
- 4-6 nori sheets
- Soy sauce
- Proteins like chicken, salmon, fish of your choice or veggies of your choice
- 4 tbsp rice wine vinegar
1) Start by washing the rice, cutting the vegetables or protein.
2) Acquire the raw materials required for the dish.
3) Add sugar and salt to vinegar and set aside.
1) Boil the rice then transfer the heat to medium flame and cook for 10-15 minutes.
2) Mix the vinegar mixture with cooked rice gently. Prepare a mixture of sticky rice.
3) Meanwhile the rice is cooking, either boil or pan fry your proteins.
4) Now that the sticky rice is ready and the veggies or proteins are ready too. It is time to roll.
5) To roll the sushi, grab a thick towel of rectangular shape.
6) Place a plastic wrap above the towel and place a nori sheet on top of it.
7) With wet hands, place a thin layer of rice on top of the nori sheet.
8) Place the veggies or proteins horizontally on the bottom of the rice sheet.
9) Now, simply hold the sides of the roll and start rolling from bottom to top. Compress it once rolled and remove the towel and the plastic wrap.
10) Cut it into pieces with a sharp knife and set aside.
11) Serve with wasabi, soy sauce and pickles.
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at