India – US to establish new dialogue mechanism: Here is all you need to know!
According to reports, Modi government and Trump administration have decided to establish new dialogue mechanism between the defence and foreign ministers of both the countries. Notably, both the nations have mutually decided it, keeping in mind the current global challenges such as terrorism, bilateral defence, and the security in Ind0- Pacific region.
Both the countries have listed diplomatic and strategic interests as top priorities in their bilateral relationship. Interestingly, both the nations share common viewpoint of maintain peace and stability in Indo – Pacific region and that’s making Indo- US relationship stronger.
The new changes will mark a shift from pervious US Administration’s policies and will seek to replace existing dialogue format between Foreign ministers of Indian and United States of America.
The Key Announcements
- The new dialogue between United of America and India will by 2by 2. It is similar to the India – Japan 2+2 dialogue format between foreign and defence secretaries of two countries.
- The main behind the dialogue was to put defence and security issues at the forefront and centre of relationship.
- According to reports, the US President about the new dialogue on phone to PM Modi. He called PM Modi on the occasion of Indias’s Independence Day.
- Notably, both India and US felt that the present format of strategic and commercial dialogue is not living up to its promise and potential, so they decided to change it.
- Apart from security issues, the White House also said that Donald Trump is also very happy about the energy relations between two countries as first –ever shipment of American crude oil to India from Texas is scheduled to begin from this month.
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at