Its AntiBlackMoneyDay: Here are few memories of Demonetization
It’s 8th of November today. Do you remember this date? Yes, its first anniversary of Demonetization. Although the demonetization move faced a lot of criticism, but we cannot deny that it was one of the biggest decisions to eradicate black money from our country.
On the first anniversary of Demonetization, here we bring to you 10 memories of demonetization that we cannot forget:
- The never –ending queues: As soon as demonetization was announced people all India across were found standing in queues to withdraw cash.
- “Cash Nhi Hai”: This became line of the year, as every ATM carried this tag.
- Paytm became an overnight star : Patym became an overnight star because for everything you were supposed to “ Paytm Karo”
- The 2000 note selfie was all over the internet: Everyone was taking selfie with the newly launched 2000 note and was uploading it on various social media sites.
- Shaadi Season became Demonetization season: People who got hitched last year now have an interesting story to share with others.
- A lot of people found love of their life while in standing in queues: Yes, it’s true a lot of people found love of their life while standing in the queue.
- Person with Change of 2000 note was regarded as a King: The moment you say that you have change of Rs. 2000 everyone would treat you as a King.
- Cash hai kya? The only thing we used to ask each other was “Cash hai kya”. The move had actually bought Indians closer.
- The fights: Yes, there were people who were helping, but there were some who used to fight with others.
- Everybody was just a call away: People used to call their friends and family for withdrawing cash.
- The intense Debates: While standing in the queues people used to get involved in intense debate of demonetization like an experienced economists.
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at email@example.com