Offbeat places in North East to visit this Durga Puja
Offbeat places in North East to visit this Durga Puja:- October is almost here, which means that you should start planning your next vacation. Many people celebrate Puja by travelling to the different place along with their families. So, we have prepared a list of some off-beat places in North East that you can visit this coming Puja, because who wants to visit the same old touristy places?
· Tawang, Arunachal Pradesh- It is situated at an elevation of 3,048 metres. One of the prettiest places with monasteries. You cross the Bomdila pass to reach Tawang, adding another reason to visit this place.
· Majuli, Assam- It is the biggest river island in the world with a flourishing ecosystem. It provides a good getaway with perfect scenic beauty.
· Ziro, Arunachal Pradesh- Famous for the Zero Music Festival, Zero is a must visit for people looking for greenery.
· Bhalukpong, Nameri, Assam- You can go for Rafting at Nameri and also the Tipi orchidarium from here.
· Sivasagar, Assam- A place rich with history, the temples and various palaces in Sivasagar are worth the visit.
· Dawkins, Meghalaya- the small place that has become popular recently is not far from Shillong. You can literally see Bangladesh from here while you enjoy a boat ride on the primitive boat. The water here is so clear that you can even see the bottom.
· Mawlynnong, Meghalaya- it is the cleanest village of Asia and a perfect place to have a chilled time. A few kilometers before you reach this place, you can also go to the hanging root bridges and marvel at nature’s beauty.
· Unakoti, Tripura- This place is a pilgrimage centre for Shaivites (people who believe in Lord Shiva). It has beautifully carved rocks, mural painting, and waterfalls that are the main attraction of this place.