‘Nobody can stop me; I will continue to fight for Sita Maiya’: says Thakur Chandan Kumar
Thakur Chandan Kumar, the lawyer, who filed the case against Lord Rama for not treating his wife properly, is from a small district of Bihar, Sitamari.
He believes that women are fighting for their rights since the Treta yug and he is very clear about his objective, he wants equal treatment for women in our society.
The 31- year- old, who filed case against Lord Rama couple of days back, recently got into an exclusive chat with us.
1. Why did you file the case against Lord Ram all of a sudden? What was the idea behind it?
We have been reading in our books about Lord Ram since our childhood. Ramayana is one of the main religious book we have in India and one thing that irked me that Lord Ram renounced his wife just because of a third person, who questioned the purity of maiya Sita.
2. So what you want for Goddess Sita as compensation?
My motive is not to get Lord Ram punished but I want maiya Sita to get justice and that should be decided my court. And if she will get justice then no other Sita would suffer the same.
3. While filing the case were you not afraid that political parties could make pressure on you or it could erupt into a big controversy?
No, why would I be afraid of it. I have not done anything wrong. But yes some political parties are serving it in a negative way and they have also filed case against me. My motive is not to hurt any sentiments of any religion it is a fight for justice.
4. You also filed the case against Farook Abdullah. Can you let the people know about the real reason?
Yes, I did file the case against him because in one of his statement he said that the Army of our nation cannot stop terrorist attacks. I think this is an insult to all those brave soldiers, who protect us by staying on borders in tough conditions just to make us feel safe.
5. So what’s your future take on it as court has rejected the plea so are going to continue your fight?
There is no future take on it; there is only one way that is not giving up. I would continue it even if I have to face lot of difficulties in the path of truth.
He winded up the conversation by saying that “Agar Treta Yug ki Nari ko Nayay nhi milega toh Kalyug ki Nari ko kaise milega, yeh ladai nayay ki hai sajah ki nahi.” (If a lady from Treta yug would not get justice then what should the women of today’s era expect).