Bihar Governor Ram Nath Kovind is NDA’s candidate for the Presidential Elections
The current Governor of Bihar has become the face of NDA for the presidential elections of 2017. Amit S hah announced party’s decision after the party board decided the name in a meeting. The meeting took place at BJP’S headquarter in Delhi. As the last date for filing nominations for the election is 28th June and Prime Minister Modi visit USA soon that’s why the name has been locked in his presence.
BJP tried and talked to every political party as they are willing to choose the candidate from a common interest, but no political party has promised their support because the name of the candidate was not released by BJP in the meetings.
Some facts about Kovind
- He was elected to Rajya Sabha from state of Uttar Pradesh during the two terms of 1994-2000 and 2000-2006.
- He is an advocate by profession and practices in Delhi.
- He is a former President of the BJP Dalit Morcha.
- He also served as national spokesperson of the party.
- On 8 August 2015 the President of India appointed him the Governor of Bihar.
This decision of NDA has shocked everyone, as there were no talks of Kovind for the candidate.
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at