Who will get the cycle? Election commission to decide between Mulayam, Akhilesh today
Mulayam Singh Yadav is currently in Delhi and according to reports, he is expected to personally explain the Election Commission why he should be granted the Samajwadi Party’s symbol for next month’s UP election. Notably, he has been challenged for symbol as well as the post of Samajwadi Party president by his son and UP chief minister Akhilesh Yadav. Today, Election Commission will decide between Mulayam and Akhilesh. So who will get the cycle? Though Akhilesh Yadav claims to have the support of an overwhelming majority of party leaders, but the picture will finally get clear once EC will declare its decision.
Here are 5 biggest developments from the UP family dangal that you need to know:
(1) Before allotting the symbol, Election Commission will hear both the sides. And it could even freeze the symbol by not giving it to anyone
(2) As per reports, Akhilesh Yadav has a plan B ready, if they do not get the cycle. They will ask for the motorcycle as their party symbol
(3) Even after the long discussion, father and the son were not able to resolve their issues. And Mulayam Singh really wants to save cycle symbol. Notably, he launched the party 25 years ago with the symbol of cycle
(4) Nominations for the first phase of elections in UP will start four days, but Samajwadi has not yet finalise the candidates. And Akhilesh and Mulayam both will release the separate list.
(5) Notably, elections will be held in seven phases in UP starting from February 11, and nominations for the first phase will start from January 17 and final counting of the votes will done on March 11.
Related :Mulayam Singh Finally Speaks About SP Feud