Getting into a Punjabi family? Here are few things you need to know
Love is an unconditional feeling. It doesn’t care for caste barriers. Every religion and culture have their own importance. Punjabis are known for their jolly nature and for their big fat weddings. If you have already fallen for a Punjabi, then you must know following things about them. So, if you are not a Punjabi but you have decided to tie the knot with a Punjabi guy then make sure that you are going to spend rest of your life with happiest people on earth but with a few side effects.
Just don’t bother to change them, because nothing done in the past has worked.
Enjoy the ride and get used to these 10 things:
1. Almost everyone in Punjabi family will talk loudly
Yes, that’s true Punjabis generally have a high pitch, exceptions do exist. Even if you are standing just inches away from people at home, they will still shout out to you, as if you were standing a few blocks away from them.
2. Do not forget to use the prefix “Ji” else you will be perceived insulting everyone
Don’t ever forget to use the prefix “Ji” after getting into a Punjabi family. No matter what you call your mom and dad before but after getting married into a Punjabi family, mummy becomes ‘mummy ji’, Daddy become ‘daddy Ji’, your sister-in-law becomes ‘parjhai ji’, and so on.
3. Punjabi family is not big it’s too big but you will love it
Punjabi family is very big. Relatives are going to be there in every part of the country, and the world. You will have to please them, whether they come from Bhatinda, Ludhiana, Chandigarh or Canada.
4. Breakfast always include Paranthas. And if there is too hot outside then Paranthas will be served with lassi. Lassi is Punjabis favorite cooling drink
Once married into a Punjabi family, forget about dieting. Firstly, they do not like thin and lean people, and secondly, they won’t let you go on a diet come what may. There will be a variety of Paranthas from aloo, gobhi, muli to even egg.
5. If you don’t know how to dance then after becoming a part of Punjabi family you will learn how to dance
It is the biggest offense to not be able to dance if you are already in a Punjabi family. They don’t expect you to be professional dancer
6. Forget to save just think about giving
Punjabis are really generous and helpful people. They always support their loved ones financially and physically. Being generous runs in the blood of Punjabis.
7. Sometimes they show off
Well, Punjabis are the bundle of joy but sometimes they love to show off. Latest jewellery, big cars, big house, lavish weddings, huge meals; they are going to show off in every aspect of life, wherever it is possible to do so.
8. Never mind, but Punjabis fail to converse without abusing
If you have Punjabi friend then you will automatically learn how to abuse. Getting into a Punjabi family will make you learn about their abusing talent too.
9. Best part is family hug that will give you best feeling
Punjabis are also known for their beautiful hugs. No matter if it’s a birthday party, anniversary or wedding, it remains incomplete without a BIG family hug.
10. Everything is incomplete without beeji’s love
Anything small or big, beeji (grandma) will always take your side and lend you unconditional support in your tough and best times.