Madhur Bhandarkar’s next to revolve around the period 1975 Emergency
Madhur Bhandarkar’s next
Madhur Bhandarkar’s next to revolve around the period 1975 Emergency :- Madhur Bhandarkar’s last movie ‘Calendar Girls’ was released in September 2015 and now exactly after one year the Fashion director has started researching on his next project. There were reports that the director is going to work on a film based on the Bollywood wives and another one on air hostesses, but well that’s not true.
Because this time, he is working on a film that will revolve around the period of Emergency in 1975. A source connected to the film said, “Madhur has been working on the script from the last few months and is doing his research in the Nehru Memorial Museum & Library in Delhi.” When asked if the film would hold any similarities to the movie Baadshaho because it was set in the same era, the source said that this film will be a completely different one.
Now, we can’t wait for this one to go on the floors, especially because the subject seems intriguing, and wonder if the movie will have a strong female character. And in that case, who would be the desired actress? Well, these things are looking exciting already. We are now waiting for the announcement from the director himself.
Madhur Bhandarkar’s last release Calender Girls was about four girls all from different regions, who were selected to pose for the annual calendar. Each of these girls made their Bollywood debut with this film. The star cast also included Suhel Seth and Rohit. The movie was reportedly 75% of reality while the rest 25% was fictionalized. He had mentioned in an interview, that the revelations relating to the film would shock everyone ,however, the film did not do well at the Box office.
All about Madamji
For those who did not know, a little more than a year ago, Madhur Bhandarkar was all ready with his script for Madamji which revolved around the life of an actress who turned into a politician. It is about how an actress turns a politician merely under the guidance of her mentor. Also, the character would be portrayed in her late thirties or early forties. Contenders for the role were Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra and Vidya Balan. In fact, the search for the actress ended and it was reported that Priyanka Chopra was chosen, who will also turn producer with this film. But the film ended before it even stared, as Priyanka got busy with the Hollywood TV series ‘Quantico’. She had to give her 70 days, to shoot for Madamji which was not possible once Quantico got extended. But she mentioned that one day she will go on to do it. But it looks like Madhur Bhandarkar does not want to wait and is all set with his next project. He is ready to roll, With or without Madamji.