Lohri 2019: The festival of rejoice and love is around the corner
Lohri 2019 is around the corner and it’s time to celebrate love and joy. Lohri marks the beginning of harvest season. It is celebrated in many parts of North India, including Punjab, Haryana, and Himachal. It is mainly celebrated by the Hindu and the Sikh communities. They light a holy bonfire, which signifies the end of winter season. It is mainly celebrated to thank God Sun. As Lohri 2019 is approaching, its time to indulge in all the festive foods of this harvest festival.
Why we celebrate Lohri?
It is celebrated to mark the end of sowing season of winter crop, which is now ready to be harvested. Lord Sun is offered prayers and gratitude by his devotees. According to the Hindu calendar, Lohri falls in the month of Pausha, and according to the Georgian calendar, it is celebrated on the 13th of January every year.
How to celebrate Lohri?
Lohri 2019: The traditions of this festival is quite soulful and vibrant. The main attraction of the festival is a bonfire (Agni), the God of Fire. People gather around the bonfire. They sing and dance to celebrate the festival. They throw foods like chikki, peanuts, popcorn, jaggery sesame seeds (til) to pay homage to their roots.
The significance of First Lohri after marriage
In Punjabi community first Lohri after marriage is considered very auspicious. The bride tries to look her best. She wears colorful bangles and new clothes. Groom is also expected to wear new clothes. The main attraction of the festival is Bonfire. Bride receives a lot of gifts from her relatives. It is celebrated on a wider scale and dinner is also organized after the celebration.
10 Lohri greetings that you can send to your loved ones:
Well, festivals are meant to bring all the family members together. But these days working millennials hardly go home for festival celebrations. If you aren’t able to visit your home, here is a list of Lohri greetings that you send to your family & friends.
1. May the joyous harvest season brings love and joy in your life. Happy Lohri
2. On the auspicious day of Lohri, I wish you all peace and prosperity. Let the festival brings endless happiness in your life. Wish you a Happy Lohri 2019
3. May this festival of zeal, love, and joy bring prosperity to your life. May you always shine bright like Sun – Happy Lohri
4. Say bye –bye to dark and chilly winters. Say hi to spring. #Cheerstonewbeginings – Happy Lohri
5. Having a true friend in life is a like blessing. It gives you the assurance that you are not going to face anything alone. May this festival of joy make our bond stronger
6. Say No to all Negative thoughts and look forward to a wonderful beginning- Happy Lohri
7. Burn all the negativity within you, release all your grudges and say hello to beautiful spring season- Happy Lohri, my friend
8. Thank God sun for his blessing and don’t forget to indulge in some utterly delicious dishes- Happy Lohri
9. Wishes for a better life to you. May all your dreams come true- Happy Lohri
10. May this joyous festival fill your heart & home with happiness and warmth- Happy Lohri
Wish you a very Happy Lohri from the entire team of One World News
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at email@example.com