Bollywood vamps who are true angels in real life!
Bollywood is always incomplete without vamps. Imagine how can a love story be dramatic without vamp? Sensuous look, loud makeup, exaggerated hairstyle, item numbers, all these things belong to the performance of the character which would give you jitters, which you would always love to hate and wish to see them often. Bollywood vamps are those whom we love and hate at the same time.
Yes, we are talking about the famous ‘Lady Villains’ of Bollywood and you know all of them. They play a vital role for the success of the film. Here are few things you need to know about them.
1. Nadira: Last found doing cameo in SRK starrer Josh, the actress is known for her sharp features and glowing skin. She always had that wicked and killer expression which helped her play all her roles very realistically. She is one of the biggest Bollywood’s vamps. She has been known for her promising roles in Aan, Shree 420 and Pakeezah. Nadira married life is quite different. She got married twice, first to an urdu-language poet and filmmaker, Naqshab and then to a man whom she called gold-digger which just lasted for a week. So, her married life is quite successful.
2. Shashikala: Another famous Bollywood vamp is Shashikala. She is known for playing carefree role on one hand and the completely negative role on the other hand with the same aura and affluence. This Padma Shri Award winning actress remarkable performance is forever remembered in Sujata, Aarti and Gumrah. She was married to Indian character actor, Om Prakash Saigal who belonged to the Kundan Lal Saigal family, and had two daughters. This Bollywood vamp had a successful personal life.
3. Bindu: Bindu was a sensual Bollywood vamp in 1970’s. Famously known for her villain’s moll portrayal as ‘Mona Darling’ in Zanjeer, Bindu was the star of the 70’s. From her sizzling cabaret in Mera Naam Hai Shabnam to Kati Patang, Imtihaan and Hawas for her seductress act, she proved her versatility towards acting in each of the role and defined the role of being a ‘vamp’. She married her childhood buddy and neighbour, Champaklal Zaveri and has no children. Bindu is known for her amazing vamp acting.
4. Aruna Irani: Talking about Bollywood’s vamp than how can we forget mentioning Aruna Irani’s name. Just like Bindu Aruna too showed her exceptional villain skills. From seductive girl to killing mother -in -law she played every role during her career. She has done famous films like Bobby and Beta.
5. Helen: The Cambaret Queen of Bollywood, her bold dance moves made her, is the part of the vamp list. Remember ‘Piya Tu Ab Toh Aaja’ from Caravan to ‘Aa Jaane Jaan’ from Inteqam, how can one forget ‘Mehbooba Mehbooba’ from Sholay and ‘Yeh Mera Dil’ from Don. Helen was the one who filled the gap between the modern vamp and the conventional Bollywood heroine. She was the second wife to Salim Khan with Arpita Khan, an adopted child.
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org