December 23rd Marks National Farmers Day
Popularly known as Kisan Diwas, the National Farmers’ Day is celebrated on December 23rd every year. It is celebrated in the honor of India’s former Prime Minister Chaudhary Charan Singh. It is celebrated with utmost zeal all across the nation. On this day, several events, debates, and functions related to agriculture are organized to celebrate the significance of the event.
If you ate today, say thanks to a farmer
Notably, ancient agricultural heritage recognizes farmer as a logical wisdom scientist. We all should be thankful to them for their incredible efforts and for the food that we eat. Kisan Diwas is celebrated in the honor of Chaudhary Charan Singh who was the fifth Prime Minister of India. His working tenure was very short. He served the country for less than one year, but he introduced many policies to improve the life of Indian farmers during his working period.
Here are few things you need to know about him:
- The magnetic personality of Chaudhary Charan Singh and his various policies for the benefit of farmers united all the farmers of India against landlords during his time.
- He followed the famous slogan of Jai Jawan Jai Kisan that was given by the second Prime Minister.
- He had a great interest in writing. He had writing several books depicting the problems of Indian farmer; he even came out with some handy solutions to improve their life.
- He was a from a farmer’s family and despite being the Prime Minister of India he led an extremely simple life.
- The famous Kisan Ghat in Delhi is also dedicated to him because of the work that he did for farmers.
- He died on May 27, 1987.
- An interesting fact about him is that he never visited Lok Sabha
Well, farmers’ contribution to our life is incredible. We cannot thank them enough. India has come a long way but, there is yet a lot to be done improve conditions of the Indian farmers, only then our country would be a developed country in the true sense.