The battle of Kargil itself has many secrets: Here is all you need to know!
There are so many secrets associated with the Kargil War. Nobody knows what had exactly happened at that time. Kargil Vijay Diwas is celebrated every year on July 26. Eighteen years ago, India emerged victorious in the Kargil conflict with Pakistan. Here are few shocking things about the war that you should know
In the battle of Kargil, our soldiers fought fiercely with the Pakistani army. Pakistani intruders continued bullets and our soldiers answered them in front.
The Kargil war between India and Pakistan was fought in 1999. The war started on May 1999, when Pakistani troops and Kashmiri militants were seen on top of Kargil. This battle lasted till 14th July. It is believed that Pakistan was preparing for this operation since 1998.
Here Are Some of The Major Disclosure of Kargil War:
1. Under a major disclosure, Pakistan’s claim proved false that Mujahideen was involved in the Kargil conflict. This battle was fought by the regular soldiers of Pakistan. Shahid Aziz, the former ISI official, revealed this secret.
2. A few weeks before the battle between Indian and Pakistani soldiers started in Kargil sector in 1999, General Pervez Musharraf crossed the Line of Control (LOC) with a helicopter and spent the night in one place in Indian territory about 11 kilometers. Brig Masood Aslam was also the then British Commander of 80 Brigade with Musharraf. Both had spent the night at a place named Zakariya Mustak.
3. It was also said that Pakistan had tested nuclear weapons in 1998. Many people say that Kargil’s fight was more dangerous than expected. Looking at the situation, Musharraf had made preparations to use up to nuclear weapons.
4. The Pakistani army was in no mood to execute the Kargil war in 1998. For this purpose, the Pak army sent 5000 soldiers to climb Kargil.
5. During the battle of Kargil, the Chief of the Pakistan Air Force had not been informed about this operation earlier. Later, when he was informed he had refused to cooperate with the army in this mission.
6. Indian Air Force used MiG-27 and MiG-29 in the Kargil war against Pakistani soldiers. With the help of MiG-27 the bomb dropped at places where Pak soldiers had captured the war. Apart from this, MiG-29 proved to be extremely important in Kargil, with this aircraft R-77 missile were filmed on many Pakistani bases.
7. The height of Kargil is 16,000 to 18,000 feet above sea level. In order to fly, the planes have to fly at an altitude of around 20,000 feet. At such a height the wind density is less than 30%. In these circumstances, the pilot can suffocate within the aircraft and the plane may crash.
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at