Jinder Mahal wins WWE championship at Backlash; here are few things about him
Indian – origin wrestler Jinder Mahal on Sunday won WWE Championship after defeating Randy Orton at Backlash event.
Notably, Mahal, who is a Canadian national, has become the second wrestler of Indian descent to win this title. The Great Khali had won the title WWE Heavyweight Championship in 2007. Mahal’s unexpected victory sent shockwaves through the pro –wrestling world, with many spectators looking stunned by the result.
Jinder Mahal at ended the fight on a perfect note by posing with the belt in triumph for what seemed like forever atop the turnbuckle.
Mahal ahead of his match had said, “I am very proud to be representing India in WWE. It makes me proud that I am representing India on such a big platform. I hope to win this fight to make all Indians proud.” Twitteratis are pouring their wishes.
— Sheamus (@WWESheamus) May 22, 2017
Here are few things you need to know about Jinder Mahal
- Jinder Mahal’s real name is Yuvraj Singh Raj Dhesi , but he is well – known as Jinder Mahal.
- He was born on July 19, 1986.
- He began his professional career in Martial Arts Fitness Centre in Calgary, Alberta training with Rick Bognar and Premier Martial Arts Wrestling.
- He made his televised WWE debut on April 29, 2011.
- He started off feuding with Great Khali and soon formed an alliance with Health Slater and Drew Mcintyre.
- He was signed with WWE in 2010. Notably, he was released from his WWE contract in 2014 and was hired back in 2016.
- His uncle is Gama Singh, who was also a wrestler.
Jinder Mahal, we are really proud of you! Thanks for making every Indian proud. We would like to congratulate you!
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at