Here are few unique ways to apply sindhoor and flaunt your marital status!
India is culturally enriched country. There are a lot of traditions that we follow and one of them is applying sindhoor on forehead once you get married (only ladies) just to flaunt your marital status to others. The application of sindoor on the forehead by married women has been a part of the tradition since centuries. Since it is one of the solah shringaars (16 Indian bridal adornments) that a married woman is supposed to wear, why not do it right?
Here are some ideas for you to make that sindoor look rock.
1. Apply it the right away: The first thing that you must keep in mind before applying the sindoor is to have steady hands. Trickled sindoorlooks untidy. If you are unsure abou applying sindoor with your fingers, use asindoor stick to make sure that the application is perfect. Don’t spread it on your entire hair. So, its better to use stick.
2. Dont forget to keep hairstyle in your mind: Before applying it, take a look at your hairstyle and let it decide how much sindoor you can put on your forehead. If your hairstyle has longer partition, then you can put more sindoor on your head. If you are doing side partition, a cute little dot would be fine. Always consider your hairstyle and outfit before wearing sindhoor
3. Glam it up: Use those pretty small stone bindis or some glitter eyeliners to accessorise your sindoor. You can put just one small stone at the tip of the sindoor or draw some simple designs with glitter eyeliner. Glam up your sindoor with these simple things. You can do this when you are going out for a party or any family gathering.
4. Mix it with western: Don’t give it a thought that you can’t wear sindhoor with western clothes. Combination of desi with vedasi is famous from centuries. There is no rule that you can wear sindoor only with traditional Indian clothes. Just put on a little red dot on your forehead and it will look great with your smokey eyes. From an LBD to shorts, you can wear your it with everything.
5. Play with colours: Sindoor is not always red. It comes in three different colours; maroon, blood red and orange. So ladies, you have so many choices in your hands. Maroon sindoor looks amazing on dusky complexion while blood red looks nice on the fairer women. If you want to play with it, orange will work with your tangerine outfits. So, dont get stick to one.
6. Use your lipstick: If three colours are not enough for you, then, you can use the different colours of your lipstick and match your sindoor with your outfits. This trick works well with dark and deeper shades of brown and purple.
7. Team up with bindi: Bring out your inner goddess by pairing your red sindoor with a simple round red bindi. The pair of big bindi, of any colour, and sindoor gives you a beautiful traditional touch. You will surely look gorgeous.
8. Play with the texture: Yes, like your lipsticks and nail paints,sindoor also comes in a variety of textures. There is liquid sindoor, powder sindoor and even matte sindoor. So, go ahead and get them all to create different looks.
9. Avoid powder: There is a belief that if sindoor falls on the nose, it brings good luck but we are sure that you would feel luckier, if it doesn’t spoil the contouring on your nose. So, be careful while applying it in powder form and save your look. You can either go for liquid.
10. Its a main costmetic: Do not put sindoor on your forehead just for the sake of applying it. Consider it the real deal. Build your look around your sindoor. With deep coloured sindoor, you can create the perfect smokey eye look with nude lips or you can wear red lipstick with red sindoor and look fabulous. Wear it, love it and dont forget to flaunt it.
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at email@example.com