Neck pain could lead to major problems in future, if not cautious
People often have neck pain after long hours of sitting and working in the same position. Itis not much of a problem as our muscles in the neck starts getting stiff which leads to the neck pain.
It is not a problem that a goodmassage couldn’t solve.
But if you keep getting such aches from time to time and brush it off without much thought, then you might want to think again.
It might lead to something severe. If you are facing neck ache with other symbols, then consulting a doctor as soon as possible is recommended.
After sitting or laying in a wrong posture for long hours, there could be many other reasons for neck pain.
Whiplash, Heart Attack, Meningitis, Rheumatoid arthritis, cervical myelopathycould be some reasons for severe neck aches.
Symptoms for severe issues
Along with Neck pain, if you are facing any of the following symptoms, then you immediately need to consult a doctor:
• Severe neck pain without apparent cause
• Alump in your neck
• Swollen glands
• Trouble swallowing or breathing
• Pain that radiates down your arms or legs
• An inability to move your arms or hands
• An inability to touch your chin to your chest
• Bladder or bowel dysfunction
Treatments at home
If reaching a doctor is taking time and you are facing minor ache only, then the ache could also be treated at with simple steps.
• Apply ice for the first few days followed by heat with a heating pad and a hot shower.
• Take some pain relievers.
• Take a few days off from sports, heavy lifting and activities that aggravate your symptoms.
• Exercise and stretch your neck every day.
• Try to use good posture.
• Avoid cradling the phone between your neck and shoulder.
• Don’t stand or sit in one position for too long.
• Get a gentle neck massage.
• Use a special neck pillow for sleeping.
• Don’t use a neck brace or collar without your doctor’s approval.