Few ways to satisfy late night cravings
Eating healthy food is usually everyone’s dream. Though we like to munch on some of the tastiest unhealthy food sometimes, this would automatically result in the accumulation of unwanted fat and an unhealthy body. After a few days you will start feeling stressed and depressed due to this unhealthy lifestyle. Putting a few extra kilos will bring a massive change into your life and this is definitely not the best sign! Here are few ways to satisfy late night cravings.
But what you could do is make a few little changes to your life, in order to acquire the best. You may be doing everything right according to you, but the late night munching is somewhere a major mistake.Here is the list of 5 foods to satisfy late night cravings.
Craving for food at night is nothing new and is very completely normal, especially when you begin an exercise regime. This happens to you because your metabolic rate boosts up. Healthy snacks should be your first preference, even if you select the best work out plan and then forget to eat healthy food; your hard work is in vain, so eat right.
Here’s a list of food you could opt to munch during those late night cravings.
1. Strawberries Shake : Pour a glass of water into the mixer then add 2 tablespoons of yogurt. Later add one teaspoon of honey and three to four strawberries into it. Blend them together properly and enjoy this refreshing juice with a few ice cubes. This serves a great protein shake, and has a digestion boosting probiotics.
2. Yoghurt Cubes : If you love ice creams, you can just choose a healthier alternative. You have to just pour a homemade smoothie into the ice cubes. Pour the strawberries shake into the ice tray and then freeze it. You can make it a slushy and eat it up. The best cold snack ever!
3. Dried Figs : Dried figs taste like a chewy candy, and are the best for people who have a sweet tooth. It is sweet yet healthy and tasty too, so just try to munch on it when you crave for food at night. To add a slight variation to this, you can just sprinkle your figs with light cheese.
4. Cereal : Yes, cereal, but when taken with low fat milk. You know that cereal serves great for breakfast; however using low fat milk with your cereal at night will further give you the feeling of being full. All the nutrients in it will give you a healthy dose of protein, vitamin D and also calcium. Try to choose some high-protein, low sugar cereal for your midnight snacking.
5. Toast with Bananas : This is a combination which contain complex carbohydrates, which would produce melatonin in the brain and help you fall asleep easily. It will also bring a gradual rise in your insulin and help you relax. Bananas contain magnesium and potassium which will further relax the muscles of your body and promote sleep.