Public health is the main concern of government and to improve it in the country government is planning to expand its healthcare services. Under the National Health Mission support is being provided to states for providing affordable and accessible health treatment to everyone.
Some of the new expansions plans would be as follows:
- National guidelines for deworming in pregnancy.
- Maternal near miss review operational guidelines.
- National guidelines for calcium supplementation during pregnancy and lactation.
- Screening for syphilis during pregnancy.
- Screening of hypothyroidism during the pregnancy.
These new guidelines would be included to ensure good health of women across the nation.