10 Things You Need To Know About PMO’s new Scheme!
Prime Minister, Narendra Modi has launched a 16,320 crore scheme to provide electricity in each and every household of India. Modi said the scheme will bring golden change. The Pradhan Mantri “har ghar bijli yojana” is named as ‘Saubhagya’ by PMO.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi said, “Our main motive is to work for Poor. We are working for Gareeb Kalyan.”
This is the great and huge step by Prime minister to provide electricity in rural houses(who are poor). Here are few important highlights from the scheme, take a look.
Here are 10 things you need to know about ‘Saubhagya scheme’:
- Scheme promises to provide free electricity in 4 crore houses.
- Scheme is named as ‘Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana’ which is now known as Saubhagya scheme.
- This scheme will provide door to door connection and no family would need to run after government officials for the scheme.
- Under this scheme, job opportunities for women’s will be raised.
- The government informed that the connection will be provided to all the houses by 2018. Earlier, the target was fixed in March 2019.
- This scheme will include the access of electricity, public safety, improvement of health, substitution to kerosene oil.
- The scheme would help families which are having 1 fan and 4 led bulbs in their houses.
- Poor families will have access to electricity for free (Only poor families.)
- The outlay for rural houses are 14,025crore, while for Urban households, the amount is 2,295 crore.
- 60% grant towards funding the scheme is provided by the Union government, while the states will providing 10% grant and the remaining percent of the grant should be covered by taking loan.
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at email@example.com