Who was Abdul Qavi Desnavi was? Important things to know about him
Google has changed its doodle to remember Urdu writer Abdul Qavi Desnavi on his 87th birth anniversary. In case you don’t know who he is, here is all you need to know about the great Urdu Writer. The doodle showed Desnavi sitting in the middle and writing. The letters of the search engine are given a calligraphic touch.
Abdul Qavi Desnavi is one the celebrated Indian Urdu Poet, author and bibliographer. Notably, he has number of number of books in his kitty, but he is commonly known for his work on Maulana Abdul Kalam Azad, Mirza Ghalib and Allama Muhmmad Iqbal.
Here are few facts that you should know about this fantastic writer:
- On this day, Desnavi was born in Bihar’s Desna Village into the family of Syed Mohammad Saeed Raza, a professor of Urdu, Arabic and Persian languages.
- He was a prominent literary figure in India. He studied literature in St. Xavier’s college.
- After finishing his studies, he joined the Urdu department in Safia Post Graduate College in 1961.
- He went on to mentor Urdu Writers such as Javed Akhtar and Iqbal Masood
- He died on July7, 2011, in Bhopal at the age of 80.
- In his five decades of literary career, he has authored a vast body of works covering fiction, biographies, poetry and anthologies
Notably, he had a very strong academic background. Some of his noted works are “ Sat Tehriren” , “Motala- E- Khotool”. Well, he will be always remembered for his good work in the field of Literature.
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org