Happy Birthday To Sabarmati Ka Sant aka Mahatma Gandhi
Father of the nation, Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi was born on Oct 2nd, 1869. 2nd October is considered as a national holiday in India and celebrated as Gandhi Jayanti. Gandhiji is also called as ‘Bapu’.
Gandhiji’s eternal contribution and sacrifices towards his country is unforgetful and he will always remain in our hearts. But the question arises is, Are we really following his path? Are we really concerned about our nation?
Deep inside our souls, we all know the answer but we hardly listen to our inner voice. Gandhiji once said “Agar wo ek gaal par maarein, toh tum dusra aage kar dena.”(If someone slaps you on one cheek, turn to them the other also.) His thought process was different. You might mock them today, but they can really do wonders in one’s life.
Gandhiji’s always talked about peace and harmony.He believed that one shall conquer and win the fight without any weapon and he did it.
Some of his famous lines are:
· “The weak can never forgive, forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.”
· “Be the change you wish to see in the world.”
· “First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight with you, then you win.”
· “An eye for an eye ends up making the whole world blind.”
· “Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth.”
· “You yourself as much as anybodyin the entire universe deserve your love and affection.”
· “The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.”
· “Strength does not come from physical capacity,It comes from an indomitable will.”
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at email@example.com