Here are five things you need to know about BHIM APP
In order to promote cashless payments in India, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched BHIM App (Bharat Interface For Money) Notably, the app can be set up in seconds, and it allows safe and secure transactions.
BHIM is not a mobile wallet, it is inter- operable with UPI and connects directly to your bank. Here are five things you need to know about the newly launched BHIM App.
- The application is developed National Payment Corporation of India, which is commonly known as NPCI
- BHIM is now available for download and with this now 600 million phone users can go digital with utmost ease
- Notably, the app will let the users to check the bank balance directly via the app
- As of now, only Hindi and English language are available for the use, but support for other languages is on the way
- Interestingly, there is no requirement for having an Aadhaar card, or an Aadhar linked bank account to use this application
Here is how to set up the app
- The set up is easy and hassle free. The app automatically verifies the phone number.
- Notably the phone number has to be the same number which is registered in bank for the account to intend to use
- There are three ways to transfer the money, via QR code, Phone number, or through the UPI address
- The application is available for free on Android phones, supported OS versions 2.3.3 and up
According to reports, as of now, transactions are supported for only one account per user. Notably, in order to make it easier for the users, the bank account menu allows users to change the bank account details anytime soon.