From Sonam Kapoor to Karan Johar everyone is supporting director Sanjay Leela Bhansali
Bollywood has once again got united and raised their voice against the people who attacked one of the finest directors of the industry, Sanjay Leela Bhansali. Bollywood celebrities took to social media to support director Sanjay Leela Bhansali, who was attacked by a group of Rajput activists in Jaipur, Rajasthan. He was attacked on the sets of his historical drama Padmavati on Friday following which the shooting of the film was stalled. A lot of actors opposed this action. Kaabil actor Rohit Roy, filmmaker Ashoke Pandit and others tweeted condemning the attack.
Various actors who came forward to support filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali are as follows:
1. Sonam Kapoor: What happened on Padmavati sets is appalling and heinous. Is this the state of the world?
2. Karan Johar: Am appalled at what has happened with Sanjay Bhansali….this is the time for all us as an industry to stand by our people and fraternity!! Having been through many instances of turmoil during a film shoot or release…I understand Sanjay’s emotion at this point…I stand by him.
3. Anurag Kashyap: Can once the whole film industry come together and take a stand, and refuse to be a pony that all bullshit and bullshitters ride on?? At the same time Shame on you Karni Sena, you make me feel ashamed to be a Rajput… Bloody spineless cowards…
4. Huma Qureshi: Shocked by the attack on #SanjayLeelaBhansali … Shame! These hooligans must be stopped. Who gives them the right to behave like this…? Who has made these ‘gundas’ the upholders of my country’s morality and history? My India is not so parochial #SanjayLeelaBhansali
5. Uday Chopra: It’s a movie guys. You get that? Let me say it again, it’s a movie! Get over your shit! Really upset to hear about Sanjay Leela Bhansali.
Many other people from world of Cinema took to their social account just to express their disappointment.
Sanjay Leela was slapped publicly
The incident came as shock for all of us. The activists of Rajput group Karni Sena slapped and pulled Bhansali’s hair and also disturbed the sets at Jaigarh Fort in Jaipur. According activists, Bhansali is depicting wrong facts in Padmavati, which features Shahid Kapoor, Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh in the lead roles.
According to the protestors, film features a love scene between Alauddin Khilji and Rani Padmavati, played by Ranveer and Deepika, respectively which is not at all true in reality and it hurts their sentiments. They want Bhansali to delete all such scenes from the film. Well, none of the actors (Ranveer, Deepika and Shahid) were present on the sets when the incident took place. After the tragic incident, Bhansali has decided to stop the shooting of the film in the respective area.