Summer is synonymous with cold drinks, ice creams, and long idle days. Summer days are quite dry and excessive sweating results in skin irritation and loss of vital energy from your body. Prickly heat is one such skin problem encountered in scorching summers.
Heat rashes or prickly heat are basically small red on skin resulting in itching and generalized discomfort. Although it is not very harmful, it causes tremendous discomfort. It is a source of annoyance and is primarily found in covered regions of the body where friction is present such as neck, body fold, back, etc.
Causes of Prickly Heat:
It is mainly caused by excessive sweating and deposition of sweat on skin pores. If the sweat is not removed from the skin pores they are clogged and forms prickly heat or heat rashes.
Ways to Prevent Prickly Heat:
Here are some simple and effective tips that will help you fight this extremely annoying and distressing skin condition:
1. Protect yourself while going out in sun. Use an umbrella or a hat to protect yourself from the harsh sun.
2. Never allow sweat to get deposit on your delicate skin.
3. In summers you should wear cool natural fabrics such as cotton and avoid synthetic fabrics.
4. Avoid wearing jewelries on hot humid days.
5. Drink plenty of water and keep yourself hydrated.
6. Apply suitable sunscreen whenever you step out in the open.
7. While indoors try to keep temperatures comfortable by either fans or air-conditioning.
1. Sandalwood is known for its anti-inflammatory and soothing qualities. Its paste also helps in quick healing of skin eruptions.
2. Caladryl lotion is quite soothing for the itching and irritation caused by prickly heat.
3. The fragrant lavender oil reduces skin irritation as it contains antiseptic and anti-fungal properties.
4. The wonderful aloe vera is quite relieving in skin dryness, rash and keeps the skin cool and rejuvenated.
5. Apply talcum powder especially formulated for combating prickly heat. It prevents further eruptions of skin.