Emotional moments between father and daughter that are always get clicked during marriage!
It is always said that a girl is closer to her father rather than to her mother. We bet you might have come across a lot of phrases like ‘Daddy’s angel’, ‘Papa ki ladli’ etc. This is because fathers are actually connected to their daughters. They can’t even think about separation that they have to face one day. On the other hand for a daughter, a mother is one who makes her learn discipline, whereas, a father is like her partner in crime! There is special bond that a girl shares with her father; after all, he is the first man in her life. And, she is always a little princess to him.
Here are few emotional moments that every daughter and Father witness during her wedding day:
1. An emotional journey: From infant to toddler to teen, a father has a big impact on his little girl’s development into a woman. He is the one who shapes her opinions of men. Fathers make them learn about feeling of love. Well, believe it or not, most dads feel sad with the thought of losing their gorgeous little princess overnight. Every father get nervous when they get to know about that they are actually going to lose their daughter to an another man.
2. Finding the appropriate match: Indian fathers are very cautious and nearly inconvincible, when it comes to choosing a suitable match for their daughter. The mere thought of giving away his daughter to a person who he barely knows or has probably just met, starts giving him restless nights. End of the day they just want a man who keep their girl always happy.
3. Meeting the guy: Whether it is a love marriage or an arranged one, all the fathers in the world are ready with their questionnaires for their prospective sons-in-law. Right from the boy’s financial status to his past flings, everything is put under a scanner. Remember he will scan your guy from head to toe.
4. Mixed emotions during wedding: A daughter’s marriage brings out a bunch of mix emotions in fathers . The excitement and energy of wedding arrangements does make it the happiest time of his life. But, as the day approaches, the wave of emotions returns in full force. Memories that he has not remembered in years, now flashes before his eyes. He can’t resist himself from crying. Most of the fathers just cannot sleep. They spend their nights wandering in the house or looking at the old photo albums of their baby-dolls. The mere thought of their daughters’ marriage makes them feel sad and happy at the same time.
5. Giving away his daughter’s hand: Most difficult part of the wedding. Since childhood his daughter holds her hands tightly and in return father protects her from all the danger but now, he himself has to handover her daughter’s hand to someone else. kanyadaan or walking the bride down the aisle, it is the biggest role a father plays in his daughter’s wedding. This is the moment where he officially places his daughter’s hand in the hand of the groom. This is the time for him to accept that now there will be another man to whom she will turn for love and protection, instead of him.
If a boy can be called ‘mumma’s boy’ then why can’t a girl can be called ‘Daddy’s girl’? Indeed, a father-daughter relationship does not end here. It is the most beautiful relationship in this world. Father is the only man you can trust blindly, remember he is the only one who will never break your heart and shower his love on you unconditionally.
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at email@example.com