New Facebook tools for India to make profile pictures safe
In a move to promote safety of women and identity theft in India, the social media giant Facebook has introduced a new feature which will give users more control over their profile pictures. Notably, the feature has been rolled out by the website after working on the solution over the past one year.
According to a post written by Facebook Product Manager Aarati Soman, Facebook is rolling out new rules that give people in India more control that who all can download and share their profile pictures.
According to a research in India, a lot of women do not share their pictures anywhere on internet because they are concerned about their safety.
So, here are new tools that you must know to make your profile more secure.
- People in India will see a step- by –step guide to add an optional profile picture. When the user will add this option:
- Other people will not be able to share, download or send the Facebook profiles pictures in the message.
- People you are not friends with on Facebook won’t be able to tag you in the pictures.
- Whenever it’s possible, it will prevent others from taking the screenshot of your profile picture.
- It will also display a blue border shield around your profile picture as a visual cue of protection.
This tool will definitely help women across India as number of cyber crime has increased in past few years. This make your profile pictures more secure and it will not let anyone misuse your picture.
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at