Few things that you can learn from Emma Watson
In today’s world, we really need feminist superheroes like Emma Watson. She frequently takes her stand and that is commendable. She is fighting the good fight, and she knows very well that we all have a long way to go in our fight for gender equality.
Emma Watson joined the award show and opened up with her speech at the 2017 MTV Awards. Firstly, she accepted the award for ‘Best Actor’.
The very first acting award in the history, that doesn’t separate their nominees on their sex gender. MTV has taken a move to create a genderless award for everyone that means acting is a platform for everyone regardless of their gender.
Here are some wise and feminist words:-
- Feminism does not mean anti-men: The more we spoke about feminism and fighting for women’s right, the more it is becoming synonymous with man-hating.
- Never dumb yourself down: Don’t ever dumb yourself down just to make someone else comfortable. The saddest thing for a girl to do is to dumb herself down for a guy.
- Men and Women should be equal: Equality between men and women means that both genders should not be treated differently on the sole basis of their gender. It applies to all fields of life, like the rights, opportunities and status of the two genders. Meanwhile, women should be treated equally with regard to everything.
- Be who you want to be: Try to figure out who you really are and what you are going to do is definitely should be your own call. Don’t give a damn to anyone and listen to your heart.
- It’s OK to make mistakes: It’s normal to make mistakes because it takes time to earn the right. When we screw up with things, one should not be depressed of that. Actually, we should avoid the fear of failure to stop our self from doing what we really care about.
- We don’t have to be perfect: We should be the person who feels great in our own body and can say it loudly that we love our body and don’t want to change anything in it.
- Women should not be controlled: If men don’t have to control, women won’t have to be controlled by them too. If men don’t have to be aggressive in order to be accepted, women won’t feel compelled to be submissive.
- Make your own decisions: Be choosy for yourself and don’t give the permission to people to decide who you are. You should take pride to decide for yourself. Be comfortable with what you are deciding.
- Emotions should not be assigned a gender: Being emotional is simply okay for both men and women. Just feel free to be sensitive. Both genders should feel free to be strong. We all should perceive gender on a spectrum, instead of two sets of opposing ideals.
- Forget Photoshop- embrace yourself: Try to be yourself and be happy in your own skin. The actresses who are really successful are the ones who love their body and look real. Everyone does care about their aging process and many more things, but the women who comes with their imperfections, look more attractive and true.
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at email@example.com