Election Results 2017, here are few important things you need to know
Election Results 2o17 will be soon completely declared. Well, leaving behind the ghost of Bihar, Bharatiya Janta Party is all set to script History in UP and Uttarakhand. Punjab, however, will prove the saving grace for Congress which has been on downhill after losing Lok Sabha election in 2014.UP election results will now have BJP in power and its majority seems certain now.
Notably, Mayawati’s BSP is a looking at a distant third position. On the other hand, Samajwadi Party alliance with Congress is trying hard to retain its position. Today’s result will also be seen as a referendum PM’s notes ban last year. The Bhartiya Janta Party chose not to project Chief Minister Candidate and seeking votes for PM Modi’s polices and developmental policies.
BJP leaders are giving credit to Modi for their victory. According to him, Modi’s wave has done magic. BJP is now leading in 307 seats. Well, this is something remarkable because in the last elections, it was just 58 seats for BJP.
Notably, it was a day for Aam Aadmi Party as Modi storm took away everything. Here are five important things you need to know:
- Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has accepted his defeat. He is expected to resign from his post.
- PM Modi is expected to address party workers at Delhi office at 4pm.
- The Congress has raced ahead in Maipur, where its Okram Ibobi Singh has been the chief minister from the last 15 years.
- This victory will also help BJP to strengthen its power in upper house.
- The mega UP election, held in seven rounds, is seen as a bellwether for 2019 elections.