Rare facts about ‘The Rock’ that you probably didn’t know
Dwayne Johnson aka Rock has turned a year older today. ‘The Rock’, a popular wrestling personality was born on May 2, 1972. He was born into a professional wrestling family. He wanted to become a footballer but an unfortunate injury ended his football career. After that he decided to enter the world of ring. Notably, the brilliant wrestler turned actor has won the WWF Heavyweight title six times. He has given some all – time favourites to all of us including The Scorpion King, Hercules, and the Fast and Furious franchise.
Here are few interesting facts about him that you should know if you are a die- hard fan of Rock
• Johnson travelled the world while growing up. As a child he lived in Hawali, Pennsylavania, and even in New Zealand.
• Despite not having been born in Canada, he became Canadian citizen in the year 2009 due to changes in Canadian nationality law. To simply put, he gained Canadian citizenship because his father was born in Canada.
• Notably, Johnson made his WWF debut as Rocky Maivia at the encouragement of Vince McMohan and Jim Ross. His name is a combination his father and grandfather’s ring names.
• Rock made his film debut with the film The Mummy Returns in year 2001. After that he never looked back and gave some major blockbuster including the franchise of Fast and Furious.
• In 2013, Forbes named him the top grossing actor, his films collectively earning was over $1.3 billion at the box office worldwide.
• Rock was married to Dany Garcia but unfortunately the couple parted their ways in the year 2007.
•Dwayne Johnson has co- written his autobiography – The Rock Says… in 2000. The book debuted at No.1 on the New York Times Best Seller List and remained at top of the list for five months.
On the work front
The actor is gearing up for his next release Baywatch, which is scheduled to release on May 10, 2017. Notably, the film will also feature Desi Girl Priyanka Chopra.
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at