Here is why you should watch these 7 Bollywood movies right away!
Marital Rape is real and marriage is not an excuse to rape any woman. Now, the Supreme Court has criminalized it as the offence, it brings our attention to the fact that the numbers are atrocious. Once can know about this concept via movies, videos, and articles. Bollywood Industry has always provided its portrayal and given us solid dosage of films that deals with sensitive issues. Here are 7 Bollywood movies that talked about marital rape way before its time. Here is why you should drop everything and watch atleast one of them this weekend.
To snatch your attention again, here is a list of some of the power pack films that talked about harsh truths on marriage including marital rape:-
1. Agni Sakshi: Manisha Koirala performed the role of a woman who gets beaten usually by her husband. She did try even to escape from her marriage, but her husband finds it out and harms her physically until she files a complaint against him.
2. Daman: Raveena Tandon has always participated and given her best to the socially relevant topics. In her film ‘Daman’, she raised a very bone-chilling social cause. And her acting fetched her to National Award too.
3. Akaash Vani: The film is based on a sweet romance story but it also deeply highlights what wrong things women have to face in this society. It has a hidden context of how a woman is abused and tortured by her society.
4. Parched: Radhika Apte comes up again with the inspiring film ‘Parched’. It deals with all sort of social evils that a woman deals with every day. The film has also revolutionized the way, how women speak up about the age-old traditions?
5. Provoked: The story is based on a Nobel with the same name. In this film, Aishwarya Rai gets happily married but soon she has to endure a lot of violence and molestation, and then she decides to kill her husband to end the entire trauma.
6. Raja Ki Aayegi Baraat: Rani Mukherjee portrayed the role of Mala in the film. She slaps a rich spoiled brat in the film and when the incident hits the ego of the man he decides to rape her. Later, the elders in the village suggest that the two must get married to each other. This film deals with the narrow-minded thinking and people that prevails in the society.
7. 7 Khoon Maaf: This film is considered as one of the best performances delivered by Priyanka Chopda on screen. The movie is an adaption of the short storySusanna’sSeven
Husbands by Ruskin Bond. In the movie, where Irrfan Khan played the role of one of Priyanka’s husbands, molests and forces him on her in bed until she kills him.
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at email@example.com