Drinking lemon water during pregnancy: Read its benefits, caution and safety
Being pregnant is one of the most crucial stages of a woman’s life. During pregnancy a woman stays extra cautious about trying anything new especially when it comes to her diet plans. Pregnancy is a delicate phase, and it’s not necessary that foods which are loaded with vitamins and nutrients are safe to consume. That’s why it is important to stay updated about all the things that you are eating. Today, we all talk about drinking lemon water during pregnancy.
Lemon is a wonderful fruit, loaded critic acid and has a lot of health benefits. But is it safe to consume it during pregnancy? Here are the pros and cons of drinking lemon water during pregnancy, which will guide you how much to consume it.
Benefits of Drinking Lemon water:-
- Lemons are a complete source of all essential minerals, vitamins like vitamin C, B-complex vitamin, vitamin A, calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, acid, vitamin B-6, niacin, vitamin E that are needed during pregnancy.
- Lemon water contains a lot of potassium, which helps in child’s growth.
- Lemons fulfill the deficiency of water. It purifies the whole body’s toxins through its anti-oxidant.
- Most of the women face constipation problem during pregnancy, but lemon helps in proper digestion.
- During pregnancy women have low and high blood pressure but lemon water can help you to keep it in control.
Drinking excessive amount of lemon water is harmful
- Drinking excessive amount of lemon water can cause dehydration during pregnancy.
- .Drinking a lot of lemon water could affect your kidney. Lemon has acid in it and it cause stone.
- High amount of citric acid, which is present in lemons are capable of damaging your teeth and may lead to serious dental problems.
- You should avoid ice-cold lemon water. It is suggested that you should have lemon water at your room temperature. It is strongly advised to check with your doctor about any effects that lemon water can cause.
So, next time before consuming lemon water, do not forget to consult your doctor. You should always keep a check on the amount of lemon water you are drinking.
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at