How to prevent Swine Flu? It’s Prevention and cure
In the month of September Swine flu is back again and within a few days 52 cases and 6 deaths have been reported. H1N1 which is popularly known as swine flu had hit the country massively last year too with 18,000 cases and 871 deaths reported. The unseasonal strike of the virus can be because of mutation which is making it flourish in the prevailing environmental condition.
While experts says that if proper precautions are taken then there is no need to panic, the situation would be under control. Also, the reason behind an increase in the number of cases could also be the better facilities available nowadays and increased awareness among the masses.
Symptoms on which you should pay attention
Runny nose, blocked nose, sneezing, sore throat, fever, headache, and body ache are all symptoms of swine flu on which you should pay attention and reach out to your nearest doctor immediately. The infected person should cover the nose and mouth to avoid the spread of the virus to a healthy body. While a healthy person should also protect themselves from coming in contact with the virus by washing hands and covering faces.
DO’s and DON’Ts
- Maintain hand Hygiene: Wash your hands more often for at least 15-20 seconds while coming home from anywhere, using the washroom and before and after having your meal as objects you touch could be a major source for the transfer of the viruses from one person to another.
- Keep distance from affected people: Not every sneezing and coughing person is affected but usually maintain some distance from those who have any kind of flu as viruses can move in the air and could affect your body. Closeness of 6 to 10 feet is required to catch a disease.
- Sleep more: If you are not well sleep more this helps in faster recovery.
- Drink plenty of water: Water is always been a best way to keep your body and mind healthy. Drink plenty of water and eat nutritious food to boost your immunity.
- DO NOT self-medicate: Taking aspirin can rarely but have a negative effect during flu
- DO NOT rub: Don’t rub your eyes, hands or nose with your hands as it could be an easy way of transferring viruses into your body.
- DO NOT go to crowded places: Avoid going to crowded places such as trains, busses, gatherings etc. to prevent yourself from close contact to other unknown people who may have the Swine Flu virus.
Indeed, Swine flu is curable, so don’t panic and just treat yourself properly.