Chhath Puja 2018: Why do people love this festival?
The festive season is not yet over. Yes, Chhath Puja 2018 is around the corner. It is an important Hindu festival and it is mainly celebrated in Bihar and Eastern UP. The Chhath Puja is dedicated to God Sun and his wife Usha. During Chhath Puja, people thank God Sun for supporting life on earth and seek divine couple’s blessings for marital bliss. The main puja of the chhath is done on the third day.
The essence of celebrating Chhath
The puja is celebrated in a wider way. It is celebrated all across the Bihar with utmost zeal and joy. According to Hindu religion, Sun is believed to heal many severe health conditions. It also ensures longevity, prosperity and well being. People follow a rigorous routine during chhath Puja which lasts for four days.
The four-day long festival and everything you need to know
1. The festival starts with Kartik Shukla Chaturthi and Saptami is concluded with this fast in Arun vela.
2. The auspicious fast begins with Naha- Kha with Kartik Shukla Chaturthi. From this day, people start cleaning their homes. People eat rice and gourd on the first day.
3. The second day is known was Lohanda – Khannna. On this day, Kheer is eaten in the evening after the fast. Notably, sugarcane juice is used to make the Kheer. People do not use sugar and salt.
4. On the third of fasting a special type of food is consumed which is called ” Kinkwa” and some seasonal fruits are also eaten.
5. On the fourth day, the fasting is done by eating raw milk and Prasad.
Dates of Chhath 2018
Nana Khay – Sunday, November 11th
Lohanda – Monday, November 12th
Sandhya Arghaya – Tuesday, November 13th
Usha Arghaya – Wednesday, November 14th
Importance of all the four days, take a look
The first day of Chhath Puja, devotees take a dip in Kosi River, Ganga, and Karnali. The carry holy water to the home and prepare offerings. Total seven dips are taken in the holy water.
The second-day people observe for the whole. It ends little after the sunset. After offerings prayers God Sun and Moon, people eat kheer, bananas, and rice
3. Sandhya Arghya
After preparing the prasad, the devotees take a dip in the holy water and worship the Sun god and Chhati Maiyaa.
4. Usha Arghya
The fourth day, devotees go to the holy water and offer Usha Arghya to the sun, following which they break their fast.
Happy Chhath Puja to all!
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at email@example.com