Chaitra Navratri special: How to seek Goddess Durga’s blessings?
Chaitra Navratri will begin on March 28 (Tuesday) and will end on April 5 (Wednesday) according to the Gregorian calendar. Chaitra Navratri marks the beginning of the Hindu New Year that is the first day of the Chitra Sudi, every year. It always falls during month of March-April as per Gregoriancalendar.
Navratri is a festival of nine nights which signifies the nine forms of Goddess Durga. The nine forms of Goddess Durga are Shailputri, Brahmcharini, Chandraghanta, Kushmanda, Skandmata, Katyaini,Kaalratri, Mahagauri, and Siddhatri.
Chaitra Navratri are celebrated to mark the victory of good over evil as Maa Durga had killed demon Mahisashura during these nine days. Irrespective of caste, creed and religion people from various sections of the society celebrate this festival by visiting temples and offering pujas at divine mother’s feet. This festival is celebrated with full loyalty and purity all across the country, but it is more famous in the northern parts of the country. Kanya pujan is done by offering them flowers, fruits, sweets, cardamom, beetal, clothes, make up items, tops, stationary items and home cooked food during 9 days of Chaitra Navratri.
9 Days and 9 simple tips to seek blessings of Goddess
1. Keep fast and eat healthy food to purify the body and mind. Eat healthy and easily digestible food, and drink lot of water. Cook food with positivity in yourself and eatfood with love.
2. Think Positive: Don’t waste your time in thinking negative. Your thought and action determines your future.
3. Meet and spend time with inspiring, motivational, good, brave and divine people.Try to have good company.
4. Speak good things: Be honest to everyone. Don’t hurt and insult anyone.
5. Don’t criticize or make someone feel bad. No one is perfect in this world; let us mutually pardon each other.
6. Help those who really need your help. Help those who are less fortunate and the weak. Help them without expecting anything in return.
7. Practice yoga, pranayama, meditation, and mantra because it connects Body, mind and spirit.
8. Offer prayers to the Goddess Durga, the divine mother for her blessings and wisdom. Pray for the well being of all.
9. Surrender and let go greed, ego, selfish, anger. By doing this, the mother goddess’s
grace will pour on you and you will experience everlasting, peace and happiness.