Canon launches World’s highest resolution full-frame DSLR cameras
Today Canon India Pvt. Ltd. revolutionized the digital imaging industry by launching World’s highest resolution full frame DSLR cameras – EOS 5DS and EOS 5DSR and the XC10 4K Professional Video Camera that features a compact, lightweight and versatile design for convenient 4K/Full HD video shooting and 12 Megapixel digital still photography.
Canon Camera unveiling
On the occasion, Mr. Kazutada Kobayashi, President and CEO, Canon India said, “With the launch of such evolutionary products, we foresee our numbers to grow and achieve a market share of 50% in the DSLR segment. As technology innovators, we bring in strong brand equity and effective network management that help us retain most of the industry share. Given the demand of our products, we are also undertaking a robust retail expansion across the region to engage more closely with consumers.”
Further Mr. Andrew Koh, Senior Director, Image Communications Products Group, Canon India commented, “Rapid innovation is key to success in digital imaging industry and the launch of the EOS 5DS and EOS 5DSR cameras reassures our loyalists’ trust in the brand, that is always ready to push beyond technology limits. Market insight and strong R&D enabled us to develop many new technologies for the sensor to be used in the EOS 5DS and EOS 5DSR bodies. These products truly meet the demand for high-pixel and high resolution, with no compromise on high image quality. The cutting-edge technology and exclusivity in products make Canon EOS series so successful. We are confident about the response of the new range and wish to consolidate our position as pioneers in the imaging space.”
Features of 5DS and EOS 5DSR:
• 50.6-megapixel 35mm
• Full-frame CMOS sensor processors
• Optical Low Pass Filter (LPF) effect
• Moiré patterns (this makes the EOS 5DS R suitable for commercial and studio photography where the shooting environment is controlled and extremely high resolution is needed for massive prints.)
• Functional LPF
• The “Fine Detail” Picture Mode
• The device comes with a new cam-motor driven mirror mechanism to minimize mirror vibrations that occur and cause image shake.
• Also features brand new 150,000-dot RGB+IR Metering and automatic exposure system.
• The device comes with Dual DIGIC 6 image processors which allows for a maximum continuous shooting speed of 5.0fps, at a full resolution of 50.6 megapixels.
Canon XC10 4K Professional Video Camera features:
• 12 megapixel digital still photography
• Canon 10x Wide-Angle Zoom Lens with 2x Digital Tele-converter and Optical Image Stabilization
• The lens offers a zoom ratio of 27.3-273mm for movies and 24.1-241mm for photos.
• DIGIC DV5 signal processor
• Canon XF-AVC codec for 4K and HD recording.
EOS 5DS, EOS 5DSR and XC10 4K Professional Video Camera will be available at all Canon Image Squares for EOS 5DS – INR 2,52,995, EOS 5DSR – INR 2,65,995 and XC10 – INR 1,70,000.