Here is how you can honor your dad during your wedding season!
Father always remains the superhero of a daughter, right? World can go against you, but the man who always remain beside you is your dad, isn’t it true? Father is the first man in every girl’s life. He taught her how to ride a bicycle and drive a car. He would carry her to her bed when she would fall asleep on the couch. Before saying goodnight, he would tell her a bedtime story. He would always remind her that she is the most beautiful person in his life and make her feel special.
With him, we always feel so safe, as he has always been a rock solid support. And, now when you are getting married, it is your turn to do something to make him feel special.
Here, are some out of the box ideas you can use to make your daddy happy at your D- day!
1. Plan a dinner or lunch date with your daddy: So far, you have been going on family lunches or dinners, which were mostly planned and organized by your dad. But now is the time that you do it differently. This time, you take your father out to his favourite restaurant. Enjoy his favourite cuisine while talking about your feelings. You can ask your fiancé to join you as well. Your father would be really happy to see his little angel taking care of him even when she has another important man in her life now. Make him realize that he will be always his first love.
2. Have an emotional session: A father just wants his daughter to be happy, but it is always hard for him to see her go away. While you will move on to embark upon a new journey, your absence will always remind him that things would not be the same. Just sit with him and have a long session of emotional talk. Try to make your emotional bond stronger with him.
3. Dance with him: Everyone waits for the first dance of the couple. Before you dance with your groom, dance with your father. You do not necessarily have to choreograph it, just go with the flow. This will tell your father that he is and always will be your first love.
4. Have an adorable photoshoot together: Wouldn’t a father-daughter photo shoot be a super-adorable thing to see? So, get clicked with him during all the pre-wedding as well as wedding ceremonies and collect the best ones. Apart from these photographs, also collect all your cherished childhood photos with your dad. Compile them all in a beautiful album and gift it to him before your vidaai. You can even create a slideshow of all of them and show them on a big screen on your wedding day to tell the world that you are still your daddy’s little princess!
5. Add a little piece of his clothe in your dress: Take your father’s shirt and add a piece of it in your own wedding dress. Highlight it a bit. He will be extremely happy and really honoured!
6. Colour coordinate your outfits: Most of the brides colour co-ordinate their dresses with that of their groom’s outfits. While there is absolutely nothing wrong with that, matching your outfit with your dad’s clothes will give you and your father a completely different feeling.
7. Don’t forget to highlight his talents: Your super-talented dad is amazing and you know it! He has been there to cheer you up when you truly needed him. And now, it is the time that you do the same for him. Let the world know about his talents too. You can make a video montage or give a speech telling how talented he is. And, let him know how proud you are of him.
Be a princess of him not a queen of your hubby until you are not married just to make your father realize that nothing will change once you will get marry.
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at email@example.com