Manish Malhotra turns 50; here are all the details from his grand birthday party
Manish Malhotra turns 50 and to make it more special, a grand birthday was thrown by his buddy Karan Johar. The designer celebrated his birthday with close friends last night, ahead of the big bash planned by Karan Johar today.
The ace designer Manish’s nephew Punit Malhotra shared a fabulous picture of the birthday cake on Instagram, captioning it, “This has to be the largest cake I have EVER seen Believe it or not… 50 kilos of chocolate!” Yes, guys the cake he cut weight approximately 50 kilos.
It was a big yum chocolate cake. Birthday Bash was thrown by Manish closest friend Karan Johar. All the beautiful ladies of Bollywood were under a same roof. Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Kareena Kapoor, Raveena Tandon, Alia Bhatt all marked their presence at the party.
The theme of the dinner party was gold and glamour, and boasts of a multi-cuisine menu that had ingredients flown down from Italy. Well, Manish brought all the 90’s beauties together on his birthday. Mukesh Ambani with his family was also the honourable guest at the birthday bash.
Here are few facts that you should know about the birthday boy
1. Born in 1965, Manish Maholtra grew up knowing he wanted to become a part of the fashion industry, choosing to forgo taking over his family’s business to pursue a fashion career.
2. Manish didn’t got any any formal training
3. When he was 25, Malhotra entered the Bollywood fashion design scene. His first gig was designing costumes for the Hindi film Swarg for the beautiful Indian starlet, Juhi Chawla.
4. He became famous when Manish won Best Costume Designer at the prestigious Awards of the International Indian Film Academy in 2001 and 2002.
5. He was the first Indian fashion designer who always requested to read scripts before designing the costumes for a film.
6. Manish has already designed clothes for countless celebrities. He specially designs for Indian actors. He also designed the costume for international icon Michael Jackson.
7. He has been described as a realistic, down-to-earth person, regardless of his celebrity status. He was from middle class family.
8. Manish opened his first boutique in 1998 that featured his couture fashion designs.
9. All we can say is, he is a trendsetter.
10. In 2005, Manish began filming his own talk show, The Manish Malhotra Show on the Zoom channel, elevating his celebrity status to new heights.
Happy birthday Manish Malhotra!