BHIM has become the most popular app of India, here are few developments
BHIM has become the most popular app of India, and here are top 10 developments about the app that you should know. The BHIM app is now at top in the download charts of Google Play. Notably, the app was launched on Friday to simplify the digital payments.
Interestingly, within 48 hours of being launched, the app became the most popular app of India. BHIM stands for Bharat Interface for Money and is named after Dr. BR Ambedkar. The app is currently available for the Android users and a version for Apple is expected to roll out soon. BHIM is launched to boost the cashless transactions in India.
Here are top 10 developments, take a look!
- The app can be used by anyone with a working phone and bank account linked to that number
- BHIM is free for download and is currently topping the download chart of Google play
- The app automatically uses your phone number to identify and link your bank account and if you want to use different account then you need to change the setting manually. Only one account can be linked to app at a time
- If the vendor or the shopkeeper also use the BHIM app, then you need to just open your phone, choose send money and enter the number of shopkeeper the money will get debited from your account
- It also enables people to scan QR code. The merchant can generate his QR code
- Notably, you do not need a smartphone or an internet connection, anyone can use BHIM app to make payments. You just need to dial *99#
- There is a Rs.10,000 per transaction limit and Rs.20,000 per day for BHIM. For the larger transactions you still need your debit and credit card