Foods that will help you to fight against dengue!
Dengue is back again. Yes, once again a lot of people is suffering from this deadly disease. The mosquito scare is taking over the country again. According to the Directorate of National Vector Borne Disease Control Programme (NVBDCP), this year the nation has seen 11,832 more cases of dengue compared to last year (2016), and the number of deaths from the vector-borne disease has been recorded at 46, eleven more than 2016.
Dengue has a treatment but it’s better to take some precautions. The report further added, that till 30th July 2016, the dengue cases reported were 16,870, while this year in the same period of time, the number rose to 28,702. Last week especially proved to be rather critical one, with 2,536 cases with 10 deaths.
As we all are very well aware of the monsoon season. It’s good and tacky at the same time. So, here are few foods that may make your immunity stronger and protect you from seasonal ailments.
1. Papaya leaf: Yes, might be you people have heard it for the first time but the juice of papaya leaf is believed to be a traditional remedy to counter dengue fever. According to doctors “Studies have proved that papaya leaf contributes significantly in the production of platelets and increase the platelet count.”
2. Giloy: Giloy is a very important herb in Ayurveda. It helps in maintaining your metabolic rate, strengthening the immune system and protects your body against infections. You can also add few Tulsi leaves in the drink for its anti-bacterial and anti-microbial properties.
3. Tulsi- The most natural herb: Doctors suggests that you must drink a concoction of boiled Tulsi leaves with two grams of black pepper to build your immunity. This drink also has an antibacterial element.
4. Fenugreek Leaves: These leaves are known to reduce fever and act as a sedative to ease pain. You can soak the leaves in water overnight and then drink it the next morning. You can even add some methi powder to water and drink up to reduce instances of inflammation in the body.
5. Coconut water: This is another natural drink that fight against dengue. Dengue patients should drink plenty of toxins to flush out the toxins. Coconut water is full of essential minerals and electrolytes. It also helps regulate the fluid levels in the body.
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at