Brain Facts that will surprise you
Our brain controls all the activity of our body and indeed it is the most important organ of our body. A lot of us get confused between it and mind but they both are different from each other.
Here are some amazing facts about your Brain that you might not know:
- It is the fattiest organ in your body. It weighs about 3 pounds and the dry weight of it is 60% fat and so becomes the fattiest organ
- All the cells in it are not the same. There are 10,000 specific types of neurons in your mind
- If your mind will live without oxygen, so only in five minutes it can cause brain damage
- It is not matured at teenage. It gets fully matured at the age of 25
- It can give power to Led light. It generates 12-25 watts of electricity which can power a low voltage Led.
- It is believed that average brain has 50,000 thoughts in a day but it is estimated that 90% of the thoughts are negative.
- Disturbingly, more than 10,000 chemical reactions take place in mind every second.
- The organ is not biggest in human, it’s a whale. That is 17 pound in weight.
- Do you know Albert Einstein had 10% smaller than that of an average brain?
- In men, it is 10% bigger than that of women.
- It typically acts like an autonomous, miniature mind. In this way they from an intricate neural network with trillions of connections.
- Imagine, 95% of our decisions take place in our subconscious mind. So think, who is in charge of our life?
- We all live in past, at least 80 milliseconds, just slightly longer than the blink of an eye, because our conscious mind takes this much of time to process the information that it gets from our senses.
- John won Neumann, “the father of the modern computer” once calculated that the human brain could store up to 280 Quintilian bits (280 with 18 zeros following it) of memory.
- It is further estimated that the human brain has a mind-boggling raw computational power of 100 trillion to 100,000 trillion operations per second.