New Rajdhani Express between Delhi and Mumbai will hit the tracks on October 16
According to reports, a special Rajdhani express has been introduced between Delhi and Mumbai. The train will hit the tracks on October 16,2017. According to reports, the train has been introduced to fulfill the long overdue demand of passengers and to provide convenient connectivity between Delhi and Mumbai. Notably, Flexi fare will not be applicable in this train. Indian Railways Express is already
Notably, Delhi and Mumbai are important cities of India. Delhi is the political centre and Mumbai is the financial capital of India. Hence, there is a greater need for effective connectivity between both the cities.
Interestingly, with the introduction of new Rajdhani Express, the travel will be reduced from the existing time of about 15 hrs .50 minutes to 13 hours 55 minutes i.e a saving around 2 hours in the journey time.
Details about the journey:
- The new service will commence as thrice a week. It will save the time of passengers and will enable them to avoid peak -hours of traffic.
- The train will have stoppages at Kota, Vadodara and Surat stations only.
- The inaugural run of the train will take place on October 16, 2017.
- The train will comprise of one first AC, two 2 AC and twelve 3ACs and one pantry car.
- This train will be introduced for three months from October 16 to Jan 16, 2018 to gauge the response of the public.
- The fare would be 20 percent more than the base fare for existing Mumbai Rajdhani without any Flexi fare.
Flexi will not be applicable to this train.
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at email@example.com