Here are some Handy solutions to deal with an overprotective boyfriend!
Being in a relationship with someone is indeed a beautiful feeling in this world. It’s merely impossible to live without love. A relationship always goes through various ups and downs. At some point of time, your boyfriend may become overprotective and you might just get afraid whenever he is around.
Dealing with an overprotective boyfriend is really hard. Love allows you to grow. Being in love with someone doesn’t mean that you have to give away your peace and freedom. Of course, you cannot live without him but you can also not allow him to control your life. So, what should you do? Here are five handy tips to deal with him and make harmony in your relationship.
Try our five tips to deal with an overprotective boyfriend
1. Know when to lay low: An art to diffusing a fight is knowing when to explode, and when to lay low. Knowing how to act when things are at their worst can earn you star points when the fight is over. If you can for go something that will upset him, do it, but not before letting him know, in a calm and collected manner, that you are giving something up for his sake.
2. Know what infuriated him: If you know that going to a certain place is going to upset him, do not go or avoid doing so. It is no problem if you call up the girls and suggest a new place to go to. If you absolutely must go, try reasoning with him. More often than not, reason will prevail, rather than anger.
3. Find a friend who can find a solution to a problem: Guys do not talk to each other about relationship problems like girls do, but if you have a common friend you both trust, you can instill your trust in that person. Ask that friend for advice, or if you are both okay with it, they can get involved and try to work it out.
4. Figure out how to talk: The most important aspect of a relationship is communication. So do it as much as much as you can. If you find that he is being unreasonable about something, find the time to sit down and air it out. Let him know what’s bothering you, lay it all on the table, and try to find some middle ground.
5. Do not over react: The biggest cause of fights is an overreaction. So, simply just avoid doing it.Try to reign it in if and when he is overprotective of you. Let him know how irrational this all is, and how you can figure out amicably.It is very difficult to deal with someone who might seem over protective, but it is important to know where it all stems from. If he is overreacting over a revealing outfit, maybe he thinks the outfit might portray you in a negative light. Try to find out where he’s coming from, and things will be a lot easier.
It is very difficult to deal with someone who might seem over protective, but it is important to know where it all stems from. If he is overreacting over a revealing outfit, maybe he thinks the outfit might portray you in a negative light. Try to find out where he’s coming from, and things will be a lot easier.
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at