Board Exams 2019: Let’s take an expert opnion
Board Exams 2019 is approaching. Students are gearing up for the same, and preparations for Board Exams 2019 is in full swing. Of course, everybody has their own weaknesses and strengths. Some can do better in calculations and some can do better in language subjects. Talking about Board Exams, English is one of the important subjects. Low marks in English can take down your aggregate. Here a few tips and tricks to score good marks in English.
A lot of students leave English for the last moment. They don’t study it right from the beginning due to the pressure of covering up the other subjects. Now, if you are good at basic English Grammar, then scoring good marks in the subject would not be difficult. However, if you want to score above 90, you will need to make sure that you are not making common mistakes that other students make while writing answers.
Read more: How To Prepare For Pre- Boards Like A Pro?
CBSE Boards 2019 is around the corner. In that case, we decided to talk to an expert for the tips and tricks to score good marks in English. Recently, we had a conversation with the Teacher& Trainer, Mrs. Rama Raghavan on how students can score good marks in English. Mrs. Rama Raghavan runs ‘Step up Academy’ for English.
Here are a few important pointers that she shared with us:
1. The ‘format’ plays an important role in scoring marks in the writing section. So, carefully remember the format.
2. Plan, organize and present ideas with grammatical accuracy, appropriate words, and spellings, coherence and
3. Web the story on given outlines carefully and do not go out of track.
4. Have a clear understanding of how to write letters, what to write in first, second and third paragraphs.
5. Get into the details of each grammar topic with rules and exceptions.
6. Solve the grammar passages by reading them carefully and understanding the meaning. Do not fill the blanks randomly without comprehending the questions/passage.
7. Carefully read words/phrases to write grammatically accurate sentences.
8. Prepare each lesson carefully. Read word by word, understand and memorize the value points.
9. Do not forget to memorize the names of the chapters and their authors with correct spellings.
10. Learn the central theme/idea of the lesson.
11. Write answers on the basis of inference, interpretation, and comprehension.
12. Identify the lines/words from which lesson they have been derived from and relate in what sense they have been said and who is the speaker.
13. Write the answers with grammatical accuracy, appropriate words, correct spellings, coherence, relevance, and good expression.
1. Attempt the question paper in serial order
2. Adhere to the prescribed word limit.
3. Use a black pen to write formats/keywords
4. Underline important points.
5. Write the answer in the corresponding tense form of the question.
6. Practice by writing while keeping the assessment tools, content, fluency, and accuracy in mind.
7. Take care of the neatness and presentation.
8. Solve previous years’ question papers and sample papers as many as possible.
These tips and tricks will come in handy and they can help you to score good marks in English.
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at email@example.com